Change is a kick away!
Are you looking for an opportunity to make a positive impact in your community and develop leadership skills? Look no further than the Sports for Transformation fellowship by Dani Foundation. Our one-of-a-kind program combines the power of sports with the goal of community development. By joining the fellowship, you will not only improve the lives of children, but also gain valuable perspective and leadership skills. Don’t miss out on this chance to make a difference and grow as an individual. Join the ‘Sports for Transformation’ fellowship today!
It is an unique opportunity for youth from across India to work in schools among students and enable them to participate in sports. The two-year programme will place fellows at Kapadwanj, Gujarat in the first year followed by a location of their choice from various other locations where we function.
Participating in the Sports for Transformation Fellowship can be a rewarding experience for many reasons. Not only will fellows be able to share their passion for sports with others, but they will also have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children who may not have access to sports programs otherwise. Additionally, being a part of the fellowship can provide a sense of purpose and fulfillment, as well as valuable experience for those interested in pursuing a career in coaching or sports management and in developing the sports ecosystem of India from grassroots level.
We are looking for youth between the ages of 20-26, who have passion and commitment towards our movement that places every child’s right to play and learn at the heart of what we do.
In order to be eligible for the fellowship, you must be an Indian citizen, and must have graduated with a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree by June/July 2023.
Our cohort will be diverse. Youth from varied social and academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Applicants with demonstrated experience in leadership roles in sports development, coaching and/or have participated in district or state level sports will be preferred but it is not mandatory.
The Sports for Transformation
Fellowship selection process
Interview 1, Interview 2 (if needed)
Application Date & Outcome Dates
Last date to apply - 10th Feb 2023
Final Selection of fellows - April 2023
Fellowship Starts - June 2023
Application for the June 2023
Cohort is now open
For more information mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org
|Onboarding and Induction||June 2023|
|Orientation to KKM and allocation of Schools||June 2023|
|Sports and Physical Education Classroom intervention||July - Oct 2023|
|Bootcamp 1||Oct 2023|
|Sports and Physical Education Classroom intervention||Nov 2023 - Mar 2024|
|Community Project||Apr - May 2024|
|Bootcamp 2||June 2024|
|Fellows Specialization Project||Jul - Oct 2024|
|Bootcamp 3||Oct 2024|
|Industrial Internship / Research Project||Nov 2024 - Mar 2025|
|Bootcamp 4 and Placements||May - Jun 2025|
- Conducting Sports and Physical Education Classes with school students.
- Developing and implementing group and individual projects.
- Theoretical and academic perspective in the sports ecosystem from experts.
- Personal Growth and Leadership Development.
- Focussed experience and perspective in an area of specialization.
- Professional exposure in Sports for Transformation and the general sports ecosystem.
The following is the eligibility criteria for the fellowship
- Minimum Bachelor's degree from one of the recognized Universities in India or abroad.
- Comfortable in Reading and Writing in English.
- Comfortable working with children from different communities.
- One of the following experience will be an advantage:
- Has been a sports person themselves, played at District/ State / National level.
- Has at least 6 to 12 months of experience working with children/young adults.
- Has at least 6 to 12 months of experience of working with communities on any of the development issues, such as Gender, Health, Sanitation, Rights etc.
- Has shown exemplary leadership skills in the past.
- Applicants should be of the ages between 20-26 years.
The fellowship will equip fellows to be a part of the sports for the development and overall sports eco-system in India as well as abroad.
After completion of their fellowship the fellows will have the opportunity to work on curriculum development of sports in schools, work on high performance sports, sports management, sports entrepreneurship, sports for people with disability, and sports with early years etc.
The two years of fellowship will provide the fellows with exposure that will enable them to innovate and work towards equitable sports development.
Sports have the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire, it has the power to unite people in a way that little else does.
- Nelson Mandela